Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Optimism in the Stock Market

Hey Everybody! it's a New Year and I'm pumped up Baby! The new year is starting out with a bang, market is up 243 points last time I looked. Ahh...beautiful.

STOCKMARKETDOUBLE is also off to a good start-in my quest to double 10k in the market in less than one year. As of this moment the account stands at $12,032, a GAIN of 20% in less than one month.

STOCK MARKET DOUBLE PORTFOLIO
Start Date: 12/12/2011
Starting balance: $10k
Current Balance (interday): $12,032
Gain: 20%

I have only made one trade since I started on 12/12/11. Part of the plan is to only make a few trades to reach $20k, which would be a double.

Because I am not trading that often, I use my time effectively by educating myself. There is so much to learn about the market. I am certain, it's a lifetime endeavor. One of the things I have done is to start a simulated options account. It consists of:

YUM, July $60 calls, bought 10 contracts at $3.60 each (5% loss)
GEOY, March $20 calls, bought 10 contracts at $3.60 each (2% gain)
CHD, July $45 calls, bought 10 contracts at $3.80 each (3% gain)

Which means I am exactly even.


MARKET PREDICTION for 1/4/2012: DOWN
Prediction Record 5-2
Winning Pct. 71%

No comments:

Post a Comment