Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BLOGGING

I have come to the quick realization that I know nothing about blogs. But I do know a great deal about picking stocks that go higher. One of the hardest things I have found about blogging is that it hasn't been that easy for me to get my message across.

Like... I want to be able to tell you on a regular basis what my holdings are, what I paid for them and how much money those positions have gained or lost since I picked them. So starting today, I will try to keep it as simple as I can for myself, so that you can easily understand what the heck I'm talking about.

Like... I want to scream from the rooftops that the stock account is up about 25% in 2 months and that the options account is up 40% in 49 days.

Like...I want to tell people, the reason I started the blog was to record my attempt at a double in less than one year.

It's the graphics and charts that are making me crazy. The mechanics of navigating through a blog template have been mind numbing to me.  To give you an example, sometimes I will painstakingly make a nice chart to illustrate all of the things I have talked about, gains, positions, return on investment, etc, etc. (it can take me a couple of hours to do this).  And after I finish the draft-it looks beautiful. But the next thing you know, when I go to publish it, the chart shows  up in 4 different pieces on 4 different parts of the page and you can't make heads or tails out of it.

So bear with me for a while until I learn better programming skills. Until then, here is a rudimentary simple presentation on what has happened so far and what Stockmarketdouble has accomplished.


STOCK MARKET DOUBLE OPTIONS PORTFOLIO UPDATE

Currently holdings and price paid:


TASR June $5 calls, paid .30 (50% gain)
CHD July $45 calls, paid $3.80 (8% gain)
UBNT June $20 puts, paid $1.80 (10% loss)
CHTR June $60 puts, paid $8.00 (even)
cash $330 

Start Date: 12/20/2011
Starting balance: $10k
Current Balance : $14,017.60
Portfolio gain: 40% 



No comments:

Post a Comment